Walking in Singleness and Celibacy

Recently I had a chance to read some articles on singleness and celibacy, and here is what I have observed.  I am happily saved, single, and seeking, or should I say hoping to be sought.  I have been walking in singleness and celibacy for a long time now.

We live in a society, and world that has a variation of opinions about the subject of sex ,and whether it is right to engage in it before marriage.  Just for the record I am a firm believer of the scriptures, and understand that as individuals we make our own choices.
e standards of the world.  The fact is, God is calling us to live by a higher standard of life.  Society has glamorized certain lifestyles, and many young people feel like they should be included in it.  Most of them feel that being popular is better than having morals and values.

Can we live by the world's standards, and still please God?  The Bible says in Romans 12:2 "Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will."  As Christians we should live a life that is pleasing to the Lord. We are made in the image of God, and we are representatives of our Father.  That means that everything we do is being reflected, and the world is looking at us.  We are examples to the world.  Matthew 5:14 says " You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden."  As Christians we are to be set apart, consecrated, and separate from worldly standards.  Even as young Christians we need to be mindful of everything that we think, say and do. 

1Corinthians 6:18-20 says "Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body. Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

My body is the temple of God, and there fore I feel that sex before marriage is wrong.  I do believe that a relationship is possible, but only if there is an understanding that no sex will be involved until there is a marriage covenant is in place.  I believe in the three cords of a husband, wife, and God.  This is what I want for myself, and I have chosen to live this lifestyle.

Is this lifestyle for everyone?  No, it is comfortable for those of us who believe in the Bible, or should I say it is comfortable for me.  Everyone does not have the gift of celibacy.

As I walk in singleness and celibacy I have learned so much about me, and the things I want.  I have learned the importance of patience and self control.

God is so many things to so many people, and I aim to please my Father.  I don't know who God is to you, but to me he is the rose of Sharon, and the Lily of the Valley.  He is the Creator, and he is Abba.  I can't speak for everyone, but God is ALL things to me.

I have chosen celibacy while I am single, because I want my life to line up with the will of God.  This "Church girl" loves the Lord, and I am glad to be walking in full authority.

Before I end this post I respect everyone, and their right to be and do what they feel is right.  It is a true fact that we don't come to God the same way.  The important factor is we find the truth, and know God for ourselves.  There is importance in being able to freely accept yourself.

Feel free to fill out the contact form on my webpage.  I would like to connect with you.  Subscribe, share, and comment.  Until next time may God bless you with ☮️ and prosperity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Prayer On This Tuesday

Sunday Prayer

Remembering My First Love