Faith and Doubt Cannot Coexist Together

Okay I know this comes a little late at night, but I had to write, and minister about the importance of believing and doubting.

Recently, I have been in prayer believing God for several things.  I have been fervently seeking his face, and asking for the things in which I have need of.  Since I have been in prayer there have been some valleys, and some mountains that I have needed to climb out of, and climb up to reach y goals.

I have been praying several times a day, because I am expecting results from God.  Below I have written a piece titled Believing and Doubt cannot go hand in hand.  You either have faith, or you doubt what you are hoping for will not come to past.  Let these words minister to your heart, and may God richly bless you with peace and prosperity.



 


Part of being a believer is having faith.  Faith can be seen as having total trust or, confidence in God.  2 Corinthians 4:13 says "It is written: I have believed, therefore I have spoken with the same spirit of faith, we also believe and therefore speak."   As part f my life as a believer I am required to have faith.  It would be a total contradiction to have faith, and doubt that the word that will deliver me.  Hebrews 11:6 says "And without faith it will be impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and rewards those that earnestly seek him." 
The heart and mind of the believer must be focused on the Word of God.  It is through his word that we will find what we are seeking.  The believer is perceived to be the recipient of rewards by the amount of faith that an individual has.  Galatians 2:20 says "I have been crucified with Christ and no longer live but Christ lives in me.  The life I live in the body I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave Himself life for me." 

Abraham was a man of faith.  He believed, and trusted in the Lord.  As believers are we any different from Abraham?  Matthew 21:21 Jesus says "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt not only can you do what has been done to the fig tree, but you can say to this mountain Go throw yourself in to the sea, and it will be done."  Is there anything too  hard for the Lord?  God is able to do all that he says.  There is no barriers to God's love and his promises.  God is not like man that he shall lie.  It is only doubt that can destroy the cernter of faith. 

What happens when we have doubt?  In the book of Mark 9:23 Jesus says "Everything is possible for him who believes.  Faith can help carry you through any situation.  Doubt can be the enemy to getting your prayers answered.  Proverbs 3:5 says " Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding.  In all of your ways acknowledge Him and he will keep your paths straight."  In the book of John 20:27-29 Jesus told Thomas to "Stop doubting and believe."  He said "Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."


know that the Lord is a deliverer.  He is able and will do what you have been praying about.  All we need to do is have faith, and believe that he is able to deliver.  2 Corinthians 5:7 says "For we walk by faith and not by sight."  I am placing my full trust in God.  I believe that He will see me through all situations and circumstances.  God is able, and I guarantee that he will do the same for anyone who believes in Him.  Until next time may the Lord bless you with peace and prosperity.


All scriptures come from the New Kings James version, and the New International Version.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Prayer On This Tuesday

Sunday Prayer

Remembering My First Love