Helping Our Children Understand School Violence

For the next few posts I want to focus, and minister about parenting and things concerning children.

Today I want to focus on school violence, and what we can do as parents to help our children understand the fear that they may have.

Below is part one in a series of four parts.  This first part involves a the topic of school violence.

School is a place where a child is suppose to learn, and feel safe.  For most children it is a home away from home, because most of them will spend all day in school.  Some children have learned to accept school as a place of refuge, because they have a terrible home life.  Some may rely on the guidance of teachers, and support staff to help them. In the past we have seen more accidents and tragedies that have been related to school violence.

School violence is youth violence that can occur on school property, or at school related events.  There are many things that can cause youth violence, and I have learned that a child's environment can be a leading factor.  For example a child that lives in an impoverished surrounding is more capable of causing an act of violence.  That may be true, but there are also other things that can lead to violence at school.  This  is just a matter of opinion, but there are a number of things that can cause a child to act out, or there may be safety concerns within the schools itself.

As a parent I want my children to feel safe at school.  I want to have that peace of mind when it comes to their education.  When I was a stay at home mom I was homeschooling my children, and I did not worry about their safety.  I had full control of their education, and I miss that freedom of homeschooling.  That is why I have chosen to be involved in every aspect of my children's education.  I want to be sure that they have every opportunity to be safe, healthy, and well this school year.  I do not just want this for my kids.  This is my hope for all children.  Each child has the potential of doing great things, and each one deserves the same opportunities.

The CDC has released some information about school violence and what you can do to help protect your child this school year.  Here is the link if you wish to view this information in its entirety.  (http://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/pdf/school_violence_fact_sheet-a.pdf)

I also believe in the power of God's protection, and believe that prayer can help cover children in every area of their lives.  On September 26th, 2018 I am asking for you to join with me in a day of prayer for all our children.  You do not have to travel to any remote location, or get on a plane to join me.  All I am asking is that you take a few moments to pray for the protection of our youth.  I believe they are the most important assets, and they are the future.

My prayer and hope is that God will bless you in your every day life, and that you will be well and full of joy on this day.  Until next time may God bless you with peace and prosperity.


The WORD of God is food for the spirit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Prayer On This Tuesday

Sunday Prayer

Remembering My First Love