Not Worrying but Resting in the Word

Oh my weary mind.  How many times have you felt like you were losing your mind?  As a mother I am always busy thinking about the welfare of my children, and all the obligations that come along with being a single parent.  Yes, there have been days where worry has found its way in especially during the time that one of my children was sick.

As a mother of two special needs sons that have multiple disorders there is always opportunity for worry to creep in.  Over the years I have learned to trust God, and cast all my cares on him.  When I am weary I remember the loving words throughout the Bible that lets me know that God is always there for me.

Below is a piece that has been written to remind us that we should rest and not worry.  Let this minister to the innermost part of your heart.  There are so many things that we can fear, but the love and the confidence that we have in the Spirit of God helps us to know that he will never leave nor forsake us.

  If we trust in the Lord why do we worry?  God has promised in his word that he will do exactly what he says he will do.  In the mist of adversity I have found myself worrying about the final result.  I had to learn to trust God with all that I have.  In the book of Matthew 6:26-27 says "Look at the birds of the air, they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.  Are you not much more valuable than them?  Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"

Because God has given us assurance through his word we have a guarantee that he will never leave nor forsake us.  With the economy spiraling out of control, many people are worrying about their financial future.  During this time of the year many have stressed themselves out, because of the holidays.  Thank God that he gives us his love.  Exodus 33:14 says "My presence will go with you and I will give you rest."  God is the creator, and he has known us from conception I doubt that he will leave us on our journey.  The same God that brought the Israelites out of Egypt, is the same God that blessed Abraham and Sarah to have a son in their old age.  He is the same God that has promised to supply all of your needs.  Philippians 4:19 says " And my God will supply all of your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus."  Worry and anxiety is a faith killer, and it eventually leads to medical problems in the physical body.  Psalm 34:4 says "I sought the Lord and he answered me; he delivered me from all of my fears."

Worry chips away at your faith, and eventually you may lose all hope if you continue to worry.  There are times when I feel like I can't win from losing.  I have been in situations where I didn't have money to pay my bills.  Sometimes I didn't know how I was going to feed my children.  Being a single mother is not the easiest job in the world, and I am learning to lean on God when I find myself worrying.  Psalm 9:9-10 says "The Lord is  refuge for the oppressed a stronghold in a time of trouble.  These who know your name will trust in you for you Lord have never forsaken those who seek you."

Put your trust in the Lord, and he will take care of you.  God is loving and he knows all things.  He is God, and he has all things in his control.  1Peter 5:7 says Cast your anxiety on him, because he cares for you."

Heavenly Father thank you for this day that you have made.  You have given us this day to be productive and to praise your holy name.  If you don't know Jesus ask him to come into your heart.  I believe that this is your day, and your hour to receive a breakthrough.  Tomorrow is not promised to any of us, no man know the day or the hour.  Jesus said he is the truth, the way, and the life.  I pray that you have been blessed.  If this ministry has touched you in any way please tell a friend.  Until next time may God bless you with peace and prosperity.

                                                                     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Prayer On This Tuesday

Sunday Prayer

Remembering My First Love