Teaching Children To Give

Now that summer break is in full swing, and school is out I am busy with my homeschool summer planning.  I value this time, because I get to teach the children extra lessons.

As I reflect on past summers I can see how my children have grown.  There is still one lesson that I want them to learn, and that is how to give.  I don't want my kids to grow up with  selfish hearts.  I want them to have compassion for humanity.  I want them to have integrity, and love in their heart.  I want them to hang on to the fruits of the Spirit.  Motherhood is the biggest part of ministry, and I get the blessing and opportunity to mold my children, and raise them with the admonition of the Lord.

Below is a piece I have written and titled "Teaching My Children to Give". This was written a few summers ago when the kids and I started to serve the homeless in our community.

This week the children are on Spring Break, and that means that things are really busy around the house.  During this time of year we are at a half way mark for summer, and I am planning on homeschooling during the summer months.  Many will ask me "Do you like homeschooling during the summer?"  And I will always respond happily "Yes I love it!"  Summers are always full of opportunities for the children to learn.  One of the lessons that my children are learning about this week is how to give.  My children have been blessed with many good things.  I praise God for what he has done for me and my family.  He has been faithful in supplying all of my needs, and making sure that I have all the things that I need for my family.

As a mommy I have always been keen on teaching my kids how to give without expecting anything in return.  This week they will be giving toys to charity for other children to enjoy.  I do not want them to be selfish, or have a selfish attitude about giving.


"Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to act."  Proverbs 3:27

"But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."  Matthew 6:3-4

I have always said that motherhood is a serious calling, and I am enjoying the experience of being a parent.  Every week the children have lessons from the Bible.  Each week we learn new scriptures, and I help them apply it to every day life.  Even though they are not perfect, I have been blessed with a good group of children, and they know mommy loves them.

This is Prophetess Amanda saying "Until next time may God bless you with peace and prosperity."

© Erdosain | Dreamstime Stock Photos & Stock Free Images

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Prayer On This Tuesday

Sunday Prayer

Remembering My First Love