Beautifully Broken

As I look back over my life I can distinctly remember all the hell that I have experienced.  Some people see hell as life's issues, and others imagine hell as an eternal resting place for those that do evil.  We have been taught what hell may be, but that is a teaching for another day.  Today I want to talk to the women that have been through what had seemed like hell.

Remember the gospel song that says: I have been through the fire, and I have been through the flood.  I have been shattered in a thousand pieces.. Hallelujah!  Then the song says " But through it all I know he loves me, and I know that he cares, and he will never place more on me than I can bear".  That is one of my favorite gospel songs.  He will never place more on me than I can bear.

My oh my, I can think about some seasons in my life, and what I had to overbear or overcome.  I have dealt with heartache, rejection, abandonment, and loneliness.  I have watch the canker worm eat everything.  I have lost a myriad of things, but I had to carry on. 

I have always carried myself in a way that had no relation to how I was feeling.  On the outside I was beautiful, but on the inside I was broken. 

How many of you can relate to this?  I was hurting on the inside.  I would like to share one of my stories with you on today.

If I can go back for a minute..I can remember my late teen years.  I was battling depression.  At the time I was suicidal, and I had started cutting to ease the pain.  I was aware of God's love, but I was still so young and naive.  All I can remember is I was a young girl that was hurting, and had a feeling of worthlessness.  When all was said and done I had attempted suicide eight times. There was pain in my heart, and I had a broken mirror for a reflection.  It is obvious that God had other plans. 
Look at me now I am STILL HERE.  God's love, mercy, and grace saved me from death.  He has saved me from myself. 

There were some dark days back then.  I was still a kid, and I hurt like hell.  I was in a real life hell experience.  The issues of life was flowing.  In the book of Proverbs 4:23 it says "Keep your heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.". (BRG)

There are many of us that are beautifully broken.  We have allowed the issues of life and circumstances to shape and mold us from the inside.  Through God's word we can learn to have peace, joy, and contentment.  God can reshape the shattered pieces in your life, and he can heal all your pain.  In my spirit I hear the words restore and a new beginning.  Let the Lord restore you, and heal you.  Let him help you start a new chapter in your life.  You can begin again.  Until next time may God bless you with peace and prosperity.

You can purchase a copy of my book on Amazon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Prayer On This Tuesday

Sunday Prayer

Remembering My First Love