Child and Teen Suicide Is On The Rise

As a writer I get a chance to write about many things, and sometimes I can make the subject as broad as I want to.  In fact I have a plan to write about some very distinct topics over the next several weeks.  I feel that it is very important to make people aware, and something can be said, or done to help other people who may need it.

Today I want to talk to you about a growing epidemic.  I have always known that this problem was going to get worse over time.  As a mother of a teenager, and preteens. I have the right to be overly concerned about this growing epidemic.

Here is a fact 1 in every 65,000 children ages 10-24 commit suicide.  The average age of these victims are becoming younger every year.  This is a growing epidemic, because a child is dying every sixteen minutes due to suicide.  That means that a mother,and a father is receiving the news that their child has died.

I cannot imagine looking at my children, and not wonder what they are going through in this society.  In fact I have time set aside just for us to discuss their feelings, about school, life, and if they are having any problems.  I cannot imagine what these children were feeling before they decided to take their own lives.

I know that schools, and life in general is not the way it used to be.  The pressure to fit in, and belong has become quite difficult for some children.  I had a conversation with a young woman the other day, and she was absolutely depressed.  Her heart was broken, because she was being bullied about her weight.  She had a desire to quit school, and give up on her future.  It is a fact that you have more children like this.  They are just scared, and afraid to speak up.  They are afraid of being judged, ostracized, and teased for being different.

These children are possibly living in darkness, and are dealing with a myriad of things.  They need our help to get back on track.  Children like these are possibly being bullied, dealing with depression, and some of them may be dealing with abuse.  Some children just have trouble fitting in, and do not know which way to turn.

I am a survivor of suicide, and I want to be a voice for every child who is afraid to speak up.  I am advocating on their behalf.  These children are too young to fight this epidemic on their own.  They need us to help spread the word about suicide.  Please join me in finding solutions to stop the rise of child suicide.


If you know a child or teen who has to risk factors of suicide please call the National Suicide Hot line 1-800-273-8255, or if you are a child, or teenager talk to an adult that you trust,and they will get you help.  NOT ANOTHER LIFE SHALL BE LOST.  Do not lose hope!!

Until next time I hope that God will bless you with peace and prosperity.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Prayer On This Tuesday

Sunday Prayer

Remembering My First Love