I Will Not Complain But Give Praise Instead

This morning I had a million things on my mind.  I had to rush through my morning routine,and missed my morning prayer.  Unlike other mornings today was sort of chaotic.  The children could not find things without me, breakfast burned, and we got caught in a whirlwind of traffic.  Above all else I had discovered that I left the kids lunches in the refrigerator.

On my way to the store I had a brief moment where I could say a small prayer.  Obviously there was still some frustration from all the thoughts that were filling my mind.  I had to drive through morning traffic feeling very impatient, and wanting to scream.  Once I had made it to my destination I had a change of heart about how I was feeling.

A man walked up to me, and I am not sure which direction he came from.  He was dressed in ragged clothes, and explained to me how he he had no home.  I had given him a few dollars, and felt good when I had remembered how his face looked.  He had a smile on his face, and his joy is what has given me a change of heart.  

My thought today is I may not be where I want to be in this season, but I can thank God that I am not where I used to be.  I have a home for me, and my children.  I have food, clothing, and my family is doing well.  I have transportation, and I am blessed to be alive, and be productive in my life.  I will not complain, and WILL be grateful for my life right now.  I WILL continue to get better, and work on my goals, but I WILL not become frustrated about life in the present.  

My point is as people we can complain about everything in life, and miss the small blessings that is being presented to us on a daily basis.  What one person take for granted, may be the very thing that can save someone's life.  Look around, and ask yourself what am I thankful for? 

"For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, ‘You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land."  Deuteronomy (15:11)  God will provide all of our needs according to his riches and glory in Christ Jesus.  I have never seen God forsaken anyone of his children.  May God help those that are suffering from brokenness and poverty.  Something as simple as a plate of food can save a life, and most people take that for granted.  One of my goals this year is to serve people in need.  Until next time may the Lord bless you with peace and prosperity.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Prayer On This Tuesday

Sunday Prayer

Remembering My First Love