A Deeper Look

 


This is a journal of my daily life as a single mother, and the things that has caused some real challenges for me.  I have learned that real love is sacrificial, and it endures to the end.  After the separation of my family I am learning how deep love is.

 

Just months after my relationship ended my son was diagnosed with autism.  It was in the spring of 2008 when I had received the news.  I know that my son’s diagnosis was not a death sentence, but this was a very difficult time for me as a parent.  How could a single mother of four children take care of a special needs child? 

 

I suddenly found myself becoming depressed.  I did not have a support system, and I felt the stress deep down in my body and spirit.  The only one that could help me out of this was God.

I know I had to be strong for my children.  I was all that they had at this point.  The Bible says “Come to me, all you who are toiling and loaded down, and I will refresh you.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me. For I am mind tempered and lowly in heart, and you will find refreshment for your souls.” Matthew 11:28-29

 

God is a comforter during the time of adversity and despair.  He is my strength during those quiet night hours when the world is asleep.  I don’t think I would have been able to make it without him.  I thank the Lord for all he has done for me.  Each day is a struggle, but I am getting stronger.




 
Come to me as little children so that you may inherit the kingdom of God.  I am waiting with open arms to accept you, and I love you so much.

 

I am sure God can feel all of our pain.  After all God did make us in his image.  God knows that we will struggle, and how much we can bear.  I lift my eyes up to heaven where all my help comes from.  God has heard my cry, and he will see me through every situation.

 

Do not fear, or be afraid of what is to come.  God is a comforter, and he will not fail.  He is still on the throne and he loves us all without limitation or conviction.

 

This is my son Ray’Drion, and he is the miracle that the Lord blessed me with.  He is a very loving child, and he means the world to me.  Ray’Drion was diagnosed with autism, and mental retardation 2 years ago.

 

He loves robots, Spiderman, and karate movies.  He responds when I read the Bible, and he knows how much God loves him.  His family has shown great support, and we all work together to take care of his needs.

 

There is a certain beauty in children that can not be taken for granted.  Each child has a place in my heart.  They are all special in their own way.  God bless the little children for they need our love.
 
 


Ray’Drion’s smile says that he will overcome all things.  I know that he will figure it out.  We need to have faith God and  in our children, and trust that all things will work out according to the will of God.

 

As parents we have to nurture our children, and help them succeed.  I believe that God has a plan for all children.  Each one is beautiful, and I pray for all of our precious angels.
 
This is a deeper look at my life, and some of the things that I have been through.  I have learned in my walk with God that He will never leave nor forsake us. I hope that what you have read will help you.  If you have ever had dealings with depression, loneliness, low self esteem, or sadness there is a way out.  I will posts more stories like these, because I feel that it can help someone.  Until next time may the Lord bless you with peace and prosperity.
 
 

 

 



 
The Word of God is food for the spirit.
 




 




 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Prayer On This Tuesday

Sunday Prayer

Remembering My First Love