Having a Mind Like the Father


We can thank God for giving the only Son that he had for us to be redeemed.

God and I do not have the same mind. I cannot compare my thoughts to that Father. The word says “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are my ways your ways declares the Lord.” (Isaiah 55:8) That means that God knows all things that are happening around us. I know that there have been times that I have taken on more than I needed to, and it was too much for my mind to handle.

I am so glad that I have a Father that loves me, and he never places more on me than I can handle. God says in Isaiah 55:9 “AS the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.” Our minds are in the likeness of God’s mind, but it is not the same.

We think on a level that is designed for humanity. God is a supernatural being, and the Father of creation. He has known from the beginning of time what man’s mind would be capable of. For an example Jesus knew what his assignment was, and he knew exactly what God wanted him to do. Jesus had to be equipped with the right mind set in order to fulfill his destiny. In return we need to have a mindset made in the likeness of God.

Let’s look at the situation in the Garden of Eden. The devil let his pride get in the way of having a good relationship with God. A thought entered into his mind, and he actually thought that he was better than the Creator. Because of his mindset he was casted out of heaven, and became an enemy of God. With the same mind set the devil deceived the woman called Eve. Let us look at Genesis chapter three. It says that the snake was very crafty. It says “You will surely not die” the serpent said to the woman. “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good from evil.” (Genesis 3:4)

Can you count how many times a day you had thoughts? It would be totally impossible to count every thought that you had in one day. With a mind made in the likeness of God we are able to achieve many things. Just think about that for a minute. We are made in the image of God, and we are in His likeness. God is Omnipotent, and we carry some of his power. Therefore we are able to take on the likeness of God’s mind. When we change our mindset in the likeness of God we are able to look beyond all of the bad things that are happening in the world. I did not say that we were not going to wrestle with the enemy in our minds, but we can have control over every negative thought that enters into our mind.

Genius



© Twister025 | Stock Free Images & Dreamstime

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Prayer On This Tuesday

Sunday Prayer

Remembering My First Love