LOVE

Love is patient, love is kind
It does not envy, it does not boast
It is not proud
It does not dishonor others
it is not self seeking
it is not easily angered
it keeps no record of wrongs
Love does not delight in evil
but rejoices in the truth
It always protects, always hopes,always perseveres
Love never fails.  (1st Corinthians 13:1-8)
Let no debt remain outstanding
except the continuing debt to love one another
for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law
Love your neighbor as yourself
Love does no harm to a neighbor
Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law
(Romans 13:8-10)

Today the Holy Spirit is dealing with me on the subject of love.  When I look back in my past I can remember people that have hurt me, and I find myself reliving the pain.  It says that love keeps no record of wrongs.  I had to learn to forgive, and love those that have done wrong.  God is so gracious with his love, and he cares for all of us.  John 3:16 says that "God so loved the world that he gave one and only son, whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

God is calling us to a higher form of love.  Tell someone that you love them today.  That may be the best thing that they have heard.

Love Letters in red

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Prayer On This Tuesday

Sunday Prayer

Remembering My First Love