The Joys of Motherhood

Today my children and I have taken the time to be kind to the poor.  There is great joy in helping someone who may need a little extra help.  There was a mother that did not have food for her child, and a father that needed clothes for his son.  I am a single mother, and I have had my portion of storms.  Praise God he has lifted me from those dark days of lack.  I want my kids to know the importance of having compassion for mankind, and how materialistic things can fade over time.  They need to see how blessed they are to have all of their physiological needs met, and have some materialistic things to enjoy.  The lessons that I am teaching them are not directly from society, but what I am teaching is filled with biblical principle.  I have an obligation to instill them with the right things.  The basis of what I am teaching is full of the Word, and has a vast amount of godly instruction. 

I consider being a mother more than just a job.  I believe that motherhood is one of the most important callings from God.  Mothers are teachers, trainers, role models, and examples for their children.  In the Bible Proverbs 22:6 says "Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it."  In my case I believe in training my children with the Word of God.  Preparing and teaching them with the scripture.  Each mother has her own method of teaching her children, but she is a teacher to her children. 

Part of my daily prayer is for God to help me be the best mother I can be, and guide me to make a major impact on this generation.  Children are the future, and they need all the instruction, guidance, and training to be effective. 
I also believe that children can be saved, and know the importance of salvation.  My children know what Roman 10:9 means, and they are aware of the sacrifice that Jesus made for us.  Being a mom is one of the greatest blessings in my life, and children are the greatest gifts.  Until next time may the Lord bless you with peace and prosperity.



My daughter Hannah and I having a special mother/daughter moment.

Dreamstime Stock Photos & Stock Free Images

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Prayer On This Tuesday

Sunday Prayer

Remembering My First Love