DYING TO BE THIN AND TOO AFRAID TO BE THICK


 
For years I have struggled with my weight.  As a child I can remember being one of the biggest kids in my class.  I was very shy, introverted, and very vulnerable to ridicule and jokes.  There were days that I had been embarrassed to eat at school,and realized that we had nothing to eat at home.  There were also times that I would eat until I could not take another bite.  Other kids would often gawk at me, because I was morbidly obese.  They did not see that I was talented, nice, and had a lot of potential.  At that age I don not think that our minds had matured.

I did not realize how precious I was to God, and I did not see my inner beauty.  I was overly concerned about having friends and fitting in with the crowd.  Like most young girls I had a want to be popular, and felt anxiety about not being able to belong to a certain crowd.  I was unaware of the good things that God had placed in me.  I ha d a child like mind, and thought that g\having friends was meant that i was being loved.  In actuality I was depriving myself of some really great attention.  In my desperation to get people to notice me I was missing out on the love that God was ready to provide for me.  God was not interested in the thickness of my waist, or my dress size.  He was concerned about my heart and my spirit.  When I learned to accept me that is when I found the love of God.


DYING TO BE THIN                                                                                                                               
 
 
Society has given us a description of the perfect body.  The fact is not all of us is meant to be a size two.  We are all created in different sizes and proportions.  I am not advocating that a person should not be healthy, but I am advocating and hoping that every young girl develops healthy self-esteem.  Many girls and women have been diagnosed with eating disorders.  Some are literally starving themselves to be thin, while others are overeating because  of emotions. 
 
As a mother  tell my daughters how beautiful they are, and I encourage them to love who they are.  My girls know how much I love them, and I want them to be healthy in every aspect of their lives.  A healthy self image is so important in the lives of our girls.  Our girls need encouragement, love and the confidence that we will there to help guide them.  I want all young women to know that God designed them for unique things.  he created them for special purposes, and has plans for them.
 
 
 
  God, I ask in the name of Jesus Christ that you will help every young woman who is struggling in her life.  God I pray that your word will be manifested in their hearts, and they will come to know you s the living God.  You are God, and all things are possible through you.  Until nest time ma the Lord bless you with peace and prosperity,

 May God heal every girl and woman with eating disorders.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Prayer On This Tuesday

Sunday Prayer

Remembering My First Love