EVEN WHEN YOU ARE DISCOURAGED YOU HAVE TO KEEP MOVING

          As I sit here thinking about what the word says about the life of our Savior I realize that I can never repay him for all that he has done.  I often wonder how Jesus felt about his life on this earth, and what he is thinking about how we are living today.  We know from the scriptures that Jesus was born in a manger surrounded by animals.  In the book of Luke 2:16 says " So they hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby who was lying in the manger."  You would think that the King of the world would have been born in a better place, but he was born in a barn.       The story of Jesus's life has always touched my heart, and brought an enormous amount of joy to my soul.  To follow a man like Jesus is an honor.  His life was very simple, yet it had great complexity.  My Savior experienced what it is like to be human, and he is the Lord of Lords.

Do you ever think about how Jesus felt when Peter denied him?  The Bible says that "Immediately the rooster crowed the second time.  Then Peter remembered the words Jesus has spoken to him."  "Before the rooster crows twice you will disown me three times."  And he broke down and wept.  Mark 14:72  The word says that Jesus knew  that Judas would betray him.  Matthew 26:14-16 says that "Then one of the twelve the one called Judas Iscariot went to the chief priests, and asked" what are you willing to give me if I hand him over to you? "  So they counted out 30 silver coins.  From then on Judas watched for an opportunity to hand him over.  What a small price to pay for the life of the Messiah.  

Can you see Jesus carrying a cross on his back?  A crown of thorns placed on his head.  People laughed and mocked Jesus.  The Son of God was given vinegar to drink.  "Immediately one of them ran and got a sponge.  He filled it with wine vinegar, put it on a stick and offered it to Jesus to drink."  Matthew 27:48  Oh my Lord it says that after this event Jesus cried out and he gave up his spirit. Matthew 27:50

The best part of this story is not even death was able to keep Jesus.  Jesus said in Matthew 27:63 "After three days I will rise again."  What a reason to stand up and rejoice!  John 3:16 shows how much God loves the world.  He gave his one and only Son for our sins.  I am so thankful that God loves me.  That is why I praise him.  I don't need a medal, or a trophy to praise God. The world couldn't pay me enough money to stop my praise.  I love the Lord for he is worthy, and I will sing of his love forever.  This holiday season think about what Jesus means to you.  If there is one that does not know the Lord I pray on his/her behalf that God will come into his/her heart.  Don't let discouragement stop you from doing the will of God.  Praise while you still have time, because no man knows the day or the hour.  I will work while it is still day.  Until next time may the Lord bless you with peace and prosperity.

                                                                      Evangel Ink

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Prayer On This Tuesday

Sunday Prayer

Remembering My First Love