The Importance of Having Me Time

It is 5:00 in the morning , and the alarm keeps ringing in my ear.  I have a whole list of chores, and work that I have to get done for the day.  I have piles of laundry that needs to be washed, and I have four children that has to be at school by seven.  I am backed up in my work, and have several deadlines that I have to meet.  The yard needs to be cut, and the bushes need trimming.  I have to go to the grocery store, and have dinner on the table by 4 pm.  Did I mention that I have to braid the girls hair, and take the car for maintenance. 

This is the life that I live on a daily basis.  I am constantly on the go.  O I did not mention the kids have activities, and other things that is not related to school.  The life of a busy mom requires plenty of energy.  That is why I make it a priority to have some "Me Time".  Something as simple as a good hot bath to treating myself to a healthy lunch.   I always take time out of the day to spend with myself.  I have found that taking long walks, and exercising works for me.  As women we all have multiple roles in life, and we must take care of ourselves.  God's mercy and grace helps us to do multiple things, and most of us can finish the tasks that we have to do.  But there are moments that I need to relax and smell the roses.  I have to breathe, and enjoy my time with the Lord.  My prayer life with him is very important.  I look forward to those times when it is just me and my Father.  When I am in His presence I feel the most joy and love.  This is my time to pour out my heart to my God, and let him know what I am feeling.  I also treasure the time that I can just be quiet and listen to His voice.  The Lord is omnipotent, and He can be everything that we need.  In my case I use "everything" because he has been and is everything to me.

It is a blessing to know that the Lord loves me, and HE is God.  He loves us no matter what, and there are no barriers that can keep us from His love.  Thank God for my life, and His wonderful mercy and grace.  God is good all of the time.  Until next time may the Lord bless you with peace and prosperity.


 "I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
    where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
    the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip—
    he who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, he who watches over Israel
    will neither slumber nor sleep."
Psalms 121:1-4
 
 
 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Prayer On This Tuesday

Sunday Prayer

Remembering My First Love