Sometimes

Into The Sun Set   
 
I was so close
That I could reach out and touch it
Suddenly
It slipped from my hands
I almost claimed the biggest blessing
But somehow I lost it
My journey seems long
Some nights are long
Days drift by slowly
This is where life really makes demands
Somedays
I  do not know
Whether I am coming or going
Petrified by lonliness
Unable to move
Unable to understand
Why I feel sad
Sometimes it takes strength to move a mountain
Sometimes I look around to find myself thinking again
Sometimes I cry
Sometimes I get angry
Sometimes I feel like running away
Sometimes I need a shoulder to lean on
Until God lifts me up
Out of the pits of life
Sometimes it is okay to be human
Sometimes it is okay to be me
and express who I am
Thank God that he loves me unconditionally
Sometimes it is okay to Praise him
For all the things that he has done
 
© Amanda Matthews
 
 
Psalm 119:105  " Your Word is a lamp to my feet, and a light to my path."
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Prayer On This Tuesday

Sunday Prayer

Remembering My First Love