Everything That You Need

Karlisha was a very intelligent young woman.  She had everything that she wanted in the world.  She had a loving husband, two beautiful children, and what some would call a dream job.  The *Moore family had security in their finances, and did not worry about having a secure future.  All bills had always been paid on time, and they had taken a family vacation every year.  Karlisha had always taken the time to take care of her body.  She was going to be thirty five soon, and felt her biological clock was ticking.  *Sam was very supportive of his wife.  He thought that she was a great mother, and loved her with all of his heart.  They had talked about having more children , but did not want to rush the idea.  From time to time Karlisha would attend her local church, and had difficulty getting Sam to go.  You see Sam did not believe in one deity, and had no desire to attend church.  He had felt that he was not missing anything, and he kind of used Sunday as a day of rest.

Karlisha felt it was in her best interest to take the kids to church, and give them a chance to experience life the way that she had in the past.  The children were always excited to go to church with their mom.  There was never a dull moment in the Moore household.  Sam, Karlisha, Adam, and Isabelle were a big happy family.  Most people would love to have a life full of joy and peace.

It was a Monday when Karlisha had decided to visit her doctor.  She wanted to see if she was in good health, because she wanted to try and conceive another child.  She was confident that she was in good health, and she was ready to start this new chapter in her life.  After her routine exam Karlisha had found out that she had uterine cancer.  At one point in time she could not find the right words to tell Sam that she was ill, and she was too broken hearted to talk about it with her friends.  There was a weight resting on her shoulders, and she was in need to find rest for her weary soul. 

That night Karlisha had felt the need to tell Sam what she was going through.  "Sam I have something to tell you.  I went to the doctor for a routine exam , and they found cancer.  I think that I am not able to have any more children."  Sam was very quiet, and he did not know what to say to his wife.  She could see the fear in his eyes.  "Lisha, I know that you wanted more children, and you say that you have faith in God.  If you believe in a thing like that, it should not let you down."  Karlisha could feel the tears running down her cheek.  "I do believe in God, and He will see me through this situation.  In the Bible it says if I have faith the size of a mustard seed I can be healed.  Sam frowned.  "Come on Lisha quit with this nonsense.  The doctor is the one who will save you.  I am confident that you will beat cancer."  Something in Karlisha's spirit told her to go to the church.  Without a moments notice she went to the church.  She went to the alter crying and praying to God for her healing, and she poured out her soul before the Lord.  That night Karlisha had a hope, and a need for God to help her. 

One year later Karlisha and Sam had a set of twins girls.  Somehow Sam is not questioning what Karlisha believes in.  I had tears in my eyes when I seen Sam come up out of the water.  He was shouting Jesus!!  Jesus!!  Jesus has set me free.  Now I can truly say that the Moore family has everything.  It is okay to have materialistic possessions, and all that your heart desires.  All of these things will eventually fade away.  I would rather have something that will last forever and will not fade away, and God's love is that  thing that I can count on.  Until next time may the Lord bless you with peace and prosperity.




I can find everything I need in the Word of God.  His Word is like food to my soul.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Prayer On This Tuesday

Sunday Prayer

Remembering My First Love