What it Means to Be a Mother

There are moments with my children that are priceless
There are times when I am so overjoyed to be a mother
To hear the sounds of tiny footsteps running through the house
To hear their voices when they cry
The proud feeling you get
To know that you are a leader with authority
The calm position of being a nurturer
The fact that you are a beacon of light
The high calling that God has called you to
The blessing that was bestowed upon all women
There is the fact you forget all the pain of labor
But you know that  you have power and strength to carry life
You do not care about awards
Or want to be mother of the year
My joy comes from the laughter of my children
Their voices
sweet
precious
loving and joyful
A mother is so many things
She is a
teacher
mentor
trainer
coach
friend
minister
nurturer
Most of all
She is a woman of God
designed to teach her children about God and life
A mother is more than a job it is a calling that I am honored to have.  I have been anointed to raise my children in the admonition of the Lord. 


"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates"  Deuteronomy 6:5-9

Until next time may the Lord bless you with peace and prosperity.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Prayer On This Tuesday

Sunday Prayer

Remembering My First Love