Desiring to Make a Change

For many years now I have been trying to reach a healthy weight.  I will confess that I have tried every diet known to man.  I have joined the gym numerous times in the past, with the intent to get the body that I have often dreamed of.   Some things that I have done have been successful, but other attempts have failed.  I will say that a lack of motivation has made it extremely difficult to stay on a diet, and I feel that it has been a mistake to be on one. 

One day I had to examine myself,  and find out what the Bible had to say about self discipline.  It is a fact that I am the one that has to control my food intake.  I have to look in the mirror, and feel comfortable with my body.  At some point I knew I needed to make a change.

Earlier this year I had a made up mind to change my life, and gain control of my  health.  Instead of being on the dieting yo yo, I have made some permanent lifestyle changes.  These changes have given me some amazing results, and new ideas about how I look at my body image. 

For the next 90 days I will be doing an extreme makeover.  I am challenging myself to reach my weight loss goals.  For the next three months I a going to work extremely hard to reach my ultimate goal.  I am prepared and ready to take the steps to make this change possible. 

I am a firm believer that God will give each one of us the strength to overcome the giants in our lives.  In my case it has always been my health, and my body image.  It may be totally different for you.  It is no secret that we all face many things in life, and there may be a weakness associated with achieving a desired goal.  Thank God for His Holy Spirit, and the guidance that the Word can provide.  As children of the Most High God we do not have to be defeated!!  We are more than conquerors and victors. 

Every week I will post on my progress as I continue my journey to a better life, and I am excited with each new day.  Each day will bring new opportunities, and ways to do something great.  God loves us all, and he cares for YOU.  Until next time may God bless you with peace and prosperity.






2 Corinthians 5:17 says "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Prayer On This Tuesday

Sunday Prayer

Remembering My First Love