Communing With The Holy Spirit

 Speaking in tongues is a secret language, and a gift that has been given as a gift by God.  Often times I have thought that speaking in tongues as a personal intimate conversation between the Spirits.  It is our secret weapon that the enemy has no place of understanding what is being said.  It is a “powerhouse” language that serves us through speaking and prayer.  

Most times we have no control of what the spirit will have us utter.  There have been times that I had to deeply pray, and speak in the Spirit of tongues.  Through deep meditation I have asked God to speak to my Spirit.  The end result has varied.  I have had times where the Spurit has deeply touched my heart, and there would be tears, words spoken in tongues, and there have been times where the Spirit of God has fallen upon me and tongues had been spoken involuntarily.  

In my opinion I think that speaking, and praying in tongues are one in the same since both require the Spirit of God to intervene on our behalf.  

I call it the “Love Language of the Saints.”  

The first time I had an experience with the Holy Spirit, and Speaking in tongues I had been recently baptized, and in prayer about being baptized by the Holy Spirit.  In fact I had prayed to receive the gift of tongues.  While in prayer I had been touched by the Holy Ghost, and the speaking of tongues came.

I have now learned to let God have his way when it come to the utterances of the Spirit.  I speak as the Spirit of God has led me.

I do know that speaking in tongues is an experience.  It is intimate, sacred, and holds great merit to the believer.  I will tell any new Christian, convert, or believer that God truly speaks to us when we are in tune with the Holy Spirit.  We can see, feel, and hear things that God is trying to show us during those times of great communing with the Spirit.

Most people consider speaking in tongues as weird, and scary.  I see it as being one with the Father, and being baptized with the fire of his Spirit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Prayer On This Tuesday

Sunday Prayer

Remembering My First Love