Cures for The Holiday Blues

You know this time of year can be tough for singles.  I have seen many people get depressed just because they want to be in a loving relationship.  When you think about it, the holiday season is full of expressions of love, family, and all types of joy.  There are many reasons why people are single, it could be the death of a loved one, or separation and divorce.  Many of us singles have found it to be extremely hard to happy this time of year.  When you are hurting there are some people that will not relate to what  you are feeling.  There may be a myriad of things that may distract you from seeking God.

The kids are home from school and they are extra active, you have bills that need to be paid, and you don't have the money.  You want to buy Christmas presents, but you have to buy food for the house.  I have been there.  In the past I had so many reasons why I was depressed.  I would throw myself a pity party, because I was divorced.  I would sit, and remember all the things that hurt me.  I constantly reminded myself of all the things that happened.  One day I made up my mind to change my situation.

I had to learn that God was the source of all that I needed.  It was His love that has sustained me through the tough times.  It was His light that was shining in the dark places of my life.  Instead of feelings depressed I had to learn to get involved. B e an active participant in this thing called life.  If you have children create joy for them.  You should be an active part of their lives.  Know that you can lean on God for those moments of loneliness and depression.  This holiday season can be a happy time and you can enjoy it.  Remember that God is only a prayer away, and you deserve to be happy!!  Until next time may the Lord bless you with peace and prosperity.



The children and I had a blast playing in the snow!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Prayer On This Tuesday

Sunday Prayer

Remembering My First Love