Choices and Christian Motherhood


When I look at the world that we live in I have to ask myself some questions.  As a mother should I be strict on my children, or give them a little freedom?  As a Christian parent should I allow the kids to watch all cartoons?  Do certain celebrities have an impact on my children's lives?  These are just a few of the questions that I ask myself each day.  As a mom what should I do?





With so much new technology children have a chance to access anything from any location.  I think that media plays an important role in what children are viewing and hearing.  With the click of a button they can see anything on the Internet.  One touch of the remote, and kids are looking at all kinds of music videos.  Is all this media really healthy for developing minds?





The other day my daughter was watching a music video of a very famous singer.  She looked at me, and said she wanted to be just like her.  Immediately I asked her what she liked about the singer.  She said "Mommy the singer is beautiful, and she is rich."  Okay there is nothing wrong with wanting to be beautiful and have money, or could that create a problem if I am trying to teach her about virtue. 

In Proverbs 31:30 it says that " Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman that fears the Lord is worthy to be praised." I want my daughters to know the true meaning of being a woman.  I want to teach them the importance of a healthy body image, and their value in the eyes of the LORD.

Every parent is in a position to be a role model for their children.  As a mom I am my children's first teacher, and role model.  I am obligated to teach them the word of God, and help them develop.  My daughters look up to me , and see me as the person that they want to be.  I pray to God daily to help me be the best that I can be. 



I am an advocate for Christian based programming.  I think that there is a need for more christian shows for children.  I pray that you have been touched by my blog.  If it has touched you in any way please feel free to leave a comment and I invite you to follow.  I believe that you will be blessed. 

Until next time may the LORD bless you with peace and prosperity


I am excited about what God is doing for me.  The children are doing really well in school, and we are just praising God for our new beginnings.  The children are getting a lesson on life.  I am giving the children seeds and flower pots.  They will learn to grow plants.  Through this experiment they will learn responsibility, and the importance of life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Prayer On This Tuesday

Sunday Prayer

Remembering My First Love