Mother

 A mother is more than a mother she is a beacon of light.  Some people say we should not celebrate Mother’s Day, but in actuality there should be a daily celebration of motherhood.  It is more than pushing out babies.  There is the constant caring, and nurturing of a mother.  Your children become the most important thing in your life.  

My mother was a very great woman.  She was beautiful in my eyes.  I should say she was a hero.  I loved my mother for playing the role of mother and father.

She was an example of strength.  Many women today are defining motherhood in a different light.  Some women are choosing to be single mothers.  They have made a choice to parent without the aid of a father.  Now that is true strength.

I am a single mother though not by choice have found the strength, and knowledge to raise four children on my own.  In my case I don’t have the village that most people have.  

In light of this situation motherhood has taught me how to stand up in the sight of adversity.  It has taught me how to win solo.  I can remember what my babies had looked like when they were younger.  A group of little toddlers waddling all over the place.  That was the most precious sight I had seen.  Many ask would I do it all again?  The answer is yes I would do it all again.

In celebration of Mother’s Day think about what your mom has done for you.  If she is still alive give her flowers, and thank God she is still in your life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Prayer On This Tuesday

Sunday Prayer

Remembering My First Love