Peace Be Still

I could not seem to fall asleep last night, and I was constantly thinking of my mother, and how she exited this world.  There is constant reminder that she was here.  When I walk into her room I can still smell her perfume.  Her pillow still smells like the shampoo that she used to wash her hair.  Her clothes are still hanging in the closet, and her journal is still on the desk by the window.

Mother, had a sweet spirit, and this day reminds me of her warmth and love.  We loved to sit and drink coffee on cold days like this, and she told me stories of her childhood with the family.  I had a dream that she opened her eyes, and she had a sweet smile on her face.  I have read scripture after scripture, and verse after verse that says how good God is.  Yes, the Lord is good in every way that I can think of.

God's beauty is evident even in the event of death.  He comforts us, and he leads us to a place of peace.  We can trust God in all things.  We just need to know when to be still, and listen to the Holy spirit.


Today's scripture is taken from the book of Ephesians 2:14 "For he is our peace. who hath made broken down the middle wall of the partition between us."  NKJV




We may never know what is beyond the sky, but God knows all things.  His love is evident in all that we see I know that my mother, and all of our loved ones are with Jesus Christ.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Prayer On This Tuesday

Sunday Prayer

Remembering My First Love