Yes I am Mother but I Prefer You Call Me Mommy!

As  I sit in the still and quiet room, I can feel the presence of the Holy Spirit.  It is one of those evenings where I am en\joying a hot cup of coffee, while the kids are playing outside,  We had an average kind of day.  My youngest daughter was kind of cranky, and ,  my son decided that he wanted to do all of his chores during class time.  I am very strict when it comes to the children.  We are on a schedule that I intend to stick to.  We are up by seven thirty, and they bath to get ready for school.  By eight we are at the breakfast table.  My daughters are usually the ones that be gin the preparation of breakfast.  Of course I am there to supervise the whole thing.

I do not think that they are too young to be trained.  I have often stressed training my children, and I do not mean that in a literal sense.  We actually apply real life lessons in our home school.  My girls know how to cook, clean, and sew.  My sons also receive lessons in "home economics".  I am a strong advocate of education.  We home school for five hours a day, and the kids have what I call independent study, where they just have quiet time to read and focus on their lessons.  I also give them time to socialize with friends, and participate in extracurricular activities.  I do want them to get burned out on studying too much.

With that in mind it takes me to a scripture in the Bible.  "For I have chosen him, so that he will direct his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing what is right and just, so that the Lord will bring about for Abraham what he has promised him.”


One of the best callings that God has given me is being a mother.  It is a true blessing that has been bestowed upon me.  I am my children's first teacher, and I have the ability and privilege to impart knowledge into their lives.  I get the chance to mold and shape my children, and help to prepare them for the world.  We are always glad to spend time together,and it has definitively made us closer as a family.  This week we are working on fruits of the spirit, and talking about the Prophet Jonah.  I just thank God for all that he is doing in my life.  Even when the circumstances get a little tough, the promises of God keep proving that all things are possible through Him.  Until next time may the Lord bless you with peace and prosperity.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Prayer On This Tuesday

Sunday Prayer

Remembering My First Love